Required to take the course
Calculus DVD Set: Videos of course content – Approximately 14 hours of video following the textbook. Includes the tests, the test grading guide, and the syllabus. For those using the DVDs, the layout per DVD is as below:
- Disk 1 – Contains a PDF version the Teacher’s Guide which include the tests, the test grading guide, and the syllabus. These are PDF files to be used on your computer. They can be printed as needed. Download a pdf copy of the Teacher’s Guide below.
- Disk 2 – DVD covering the introduction
- Disk 3 – DVD covering chapter 2.1 to 2.3 (Chapter 1 of the textbook is review and is not covered on the DVD)
- Disk 4 – DVD covering chapter 2.4 to 2.7
- Disk 5 – DVD covering chapter 2.8 to 3.2
- Disk 6 – DVD covering chapter 3.3 to 3.5
- Disk 7 – DVD covering chapter 3.6 to 4.2
- Disk 8 – DVD covering chapter 4.3 to 4.9 (Textbook has 13 chapters, but chapters 1-4 cover Calculus 1)
Calculus Textbook (USED): This calculus textbook is used in many university calculus programs. It is written by James Stewart. We are using the 2nd ed by Brooks/Cole – USED. Textbook is required for the course.
- Buy your own used text. Search the web and buy the book and solutions manual yourself. Be careful to get the text with ISBN: 0534377181.
Student Solutions Manual for Stewart’s Calculus (USED): Contains answers to the odd problems in the textbook. Like the textbook you can purchase used at Amazon with this link ISBN: 0534379230.
Teacher’s Guide and Syllabus and Tests
Teacher’s Guide: We do NOT have a printed copy of the Teacher’s Guide available. It only comes in PDF as a download and on the CD.