The AskDrCallahan Algebra course is perfect for homeschool or other self driven students. The course provides a solution for parents and students looking to learn algebra and prepare them for geometry, the ACT, SAT, and future math success. The student is guided through the Elementary Algebra textbook by Harold Jacobs with video lessons covering each topic and working examples. Word problems are walked into using real world examples and simple logic.
Sample videos from the course
Required to take the course (4 Items Total)
For those using the DVDs, the layout per DVD is as below:
- Disk 1 - PDF Version of Teacher's Guide. These are PDF files to be used on your computer. They can be printed as needed. The same files can be downloaded. (See below.)
- Disk 2 - Introduction to chapter 5.4
- Disk 3 - Chapter 5.5 to 7.7a
- Disk 4 - Chapter 7.7b to 10.2
- Disk 5 - Chapter 10.3 to 11.8
- Disk 6 - Chapter 12.1 to 17.4
#2 Elementary Algebra by Jacobs Textbook: Elementary Algebra, by Harold R. Jacobs, Revised Edition. ISBN:9780890519851. Older printings of the original book with ISBN: 0716710471. All editions work with our videos.
- All previous printings of the original text are the same and compatible with the DVD as is the current Revised Edition. So do not worry about any dates.
#3 Elementary Algebra (Teacher Guide by Jacobs): Contains the SET II and III problems you need for the course. NOTE: if you have an older copy of the book (ISBN: 0716710471) you will NOT need this Teacher Guide.
#4 Solutions Manual for Elementary Algebra by Jacobs: Solutions Manual for Elementary Algebra, Harold Jacobs with Cassidy Cash, ISBN: 978-0-615-31501-0. It has all the solutions for the textbook. Detailed answers are given except where the answer is obvious. On the rare occasion that your student (or you) does not understand how the solution was found, we will help you via our support. See a sample of the first 2 chapters of the Jacobs Solution Manual.
Optional: Teacher's Guide by AskDrCallahan: The AskDrCallahan Algebra Teacher's Guide is a PDF download and has over 100 pages which includes:
- test grading guide