Math Designed for Understanding
Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra (Algebra 1) utilizes a clear, conversational, engaging approach to teach your student Algebra through practical, real-life application! Jacobs’ guides your student through Algebra, enabling them to discover concepts for themselves and develop a deep understanding of their practical application.
This unique instructional approach to math means your student:
- Develops a lasting understanding of Algebra concepts
- Interacts with concepts using real-world examples, ensuring they’ll know exactly how to apply the material they are learning to real-life and other academic subjects
- Is prepared to take their understanding of Algebraic concepts outside the math textbook and successfully apply them to higher math courses, sciences, & everyday life
- Makes concepts their own
- Is equipped with an understanding of the foundational mathematical concepts of Algebra—and once a student truly understands the concepts in Algebra, they are prepared for all higher math & sciences!
Clear, Thorough Instruction
Understanding both the why and how of Algebra is foundational to your student’s success in high school and college. Jacobs’ Algebra provides students with a clear and thorough understanding of why concepts work, as well as how they are applied to solve real-world problems.
A Top Choice for High School Success & College Prep
Time tested for nearly forty years, Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra has proven its ability to guide students toward success and is still the choice of top teachers and schools.
The unique instructional method within Jacobs’ Algebra ensures your student understands both the why and how of Algebra and establishes a strong foundation for higher math & science courses. If your student is planning for college or a STEM career, Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra ensures they are equipped with the tools they need to succeed!
Guide your Student through Algebra with Video Instruction!
Dr. Callahan’s instructional videos guide your students through Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra in a light-hearted, down-to-earth style. As a longtime university professor, homeschool dad, and math teacher for homeschool groups, Dr. Callahan has plenty of experience with what Algebra concepts students need to know, what they find difficult, and knows how to explain both well.
Free Homework Support!
Dr. Callahan’s Instructional videos come with FREE Homework Help email support from AskDrCallahan, making this course an ideal solution for students alike looking to learn Algebra while preparing for the ACT, SAT, and future math courses.
Required to take this course and included in this package
Elementary Algebra Student Textbook: This student text is part of our best-selling Algebra curriculum pack, Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra.
- Full-Color Illustrations
- 17 sections, covering functions and graphs, integers, rational numbers, exponents, polynomials, factoring, fractions, and more.
- Set II exercise solutions provided at the back of the text
- Flexible based on the focus & intensity of the course
- Homework problems to exercise the concepts for each lesson
Jacobs Teacher’s Guide
Elementary Algebra Teacher’s Guide Includes:
- Tests (chapter, mid-term, final exam, & alternate test versions)
- Test Solutions
- Solutions to exercises in the textbook (formerly the Solutions Manual)
Video Instruction Contains: Guide your student through Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra with Dr. Callahan’s instructional videos! The video instruction leads your student through the Elementary Algebra text with video lessons for each topic and step-by-step examples.
Free Homework Support!
Dr. Callahan’s Instructional Videos come with FREE Homework Help email support from AskDrCallahan, making this course an ideal solution for parents and students alike looking to learn higher math.
- Approximately 6 hours of content
- Dr. Callahan selected homework problem
- Free Homework Help email support from AskDrCallahan
- Links to our pdf teacher’s guide (see details below) with syllabus & when to watch videos as well as our own multi-chapter tests, test solutions, and test grading guide.
Scientific Calculator: We typically use a TI-30, but we sometimes substitute with an equivalent such as a Casio. This calculator is allowed on the ACT. It can be used throughout your student’s academic career and at college.
- test grading guide
- Dr. Callahan selected homework problems
- Instructions for watching the video instruction
- AskDrCallahan Multi-Chapter Tests
- AskDrCallahan Multi-Chapter Tests Answer Key
Other Course Features:
- Usable for both self-directed students and teachers & students
- Recommended for: 9th Grade / 1 Credit