Career Planning Course – Developing a Plan for Success
This career planning course will help your student decide the next steps for their career. Good for homeschool, public, private, or college students. We have even used this course in helping professionals change careers. This one-semester course will explore how your student’s unique skills and interests can lead to a fulfilling way to earn a living. In the course, your student will learn how to
- Find their unique calling.
- Find ways they can turn their skills and hobbies into a way to make a living.
- Research to find others who are doing work they would love to do.
- Do reverse interviews and uncover hidden job opportunities.
Who is this career planning course for anyone who might be …
- Trying to answer the question, “What will do when I grow up?”.
- Struggling or doubting their current career path.
- Thinking that they have no skills or passions to drive them to a great career.
- Wondering if they should go to college, work, or pick another option.
- Thinking there are not careers which interest them
- Thinking that picking a career locks you in for life.
Our world is full of opportunities. Yet we often limit our thinking based on what we and those around us know. God has given each of us unique gifts to serve the world. And in our service is a path to making a living.
What You Will Learn
Think about this…
- We want our children to find work they love so they can prosper and grow, but often we do not know how to guide them in their specific area of interest.
- Most students entering college have no idea what they really want to do because they have little exposure to the world. Therefore, a lot of college tuition is wasted.
How the Career Planning Course Works:
- Online video course
- One semester – 13 Weeks of activity
What You Get
- Online access to the course materials.
- Email access to Dr. Callahan for questions.
- Access to a private forum to participate with others learning from the same process.
In Career Planning, you will go on a journey to
- Discover your calling. Find your unique gifts and develop a path to use them.
- Expanding your vision. Learn how to discover what others who have your gifts are doing to impact the world and make a living.
- Learn how to find advisors that have your gifts and think like you. How to find them. How to learn from them.
- Learn how to use tools like LinkedIn to grow your influence.
- Once you have a path, you will learn how to get more education about this path. College is not the answer for everyone – it is just one of many paths to grow your knowledge.
Outline of topics
- Introduction – Background on the subject and using the course.
- Toolbox – What you need to get started.
- Finding Your Calling – Developing career path ideas from your unique skills.
- Uncovering Possibilities – What career paths might fit your calling.
- Uncovering More Hidden Possibilities – Expanding your ideas to explore.
- Drilling Down – Picking the right ideas to explore further.
- Setting up LinkedIn – LinkedIn is the tool used in the industry. Learn how to set it up and use it now.
- Who is Living Your Dream? – Finding out who is already working in your career field.
- Seeking Wise Counsel – Learning from the road of experience.
- Worries and Concerns – Are you limiting your future? What if you are wrong?
- Developing a Plan – How to map your career path to a college or educational path.
- Not so Final Thoughts – What to do from here.