Geometry Designed for Understanding
Jacobs’ Geometry utilizes a clear, conversational, engaging approach to teach your student the concepts, principles, and application of Geometry through practical, real-life application! Harold Jacobs guides your student through Geometry, enabling them to discover the concepts & their applications for themselves in order to develop an understanding of the principles that go beyond simple memorization to pass a test.
Jacobs’ unique instructional approach to math means your student:
- Develops a true understanding of geometric principles
- Interacts with concepts using real-world examples, ensuring they’ll know exactly how to apply the material they are learning to real-life and other academic subjects
- Is prepared to take their understanding of Geometry concepts outside the math textbook and successfully apply them to higher math courses, sciences, & everyday life
- Is equipped with an understanding of the foundational mathematical concepts of Geometry—and once a student truly understands the concepts in Geometry, they are equipped & prepared for all higher math & sciences!
- Engaging, Real-World Instruction
- Understanding both the why and how of Geometry is foundational to your student’s success in high school and college. Jacobs’ Geometry provides students with a clear and thorough understanding of why concepts work, as well as how they are applied to solve real-world problems.
A Top Choice for High School Success & College Prep
Jacobs’ Geometry has proven its ability to guide students towards success and is still the choice of top teachers and schools. The unique instructional method within Jacobs’ Geometry ensures your student understands both the why and how of Geometry and establishes a strong foundation for higher math & science courses. If your student is planning for college or a STEM career, Jacobs’ Geometry ensures they are equipped with the tools they need to succeed!
Geometry Student Text Includes:
- Full-Color Illustrations
- 16 sections, covering deductive reasoning, lines & angles, congruence, inequalities, quadrilaterals, area, triangles, circles, theorems, polygons, geometric solids, and more!
- Answers to selected exercises in the back of the text
- Flexible based on focus & intensity of course
- Set I exercises review ideas & concepts from previous lessons to provide an ongoing application of the material.
- Set II exercises allow the student to apply material from the new lesson
- Set III exercises provided additional, more challenging problems
Guide Your Student Through with Video Instruction!
Dr. Callahan’s instructional videos guide your students through Jacobs’ Geometry in a light-hearted, down-to-earth style. As a longtime university professor, homeschool dad, and math teacher for homeschool groups, Dr. Callahan has plenty of experience with what Geometry concepts students need to know, what they find difficult, and knows how to explain both well.
Free Homework Support!
Dr. Callahan’s Instructional videos come with FREE Homework Help email support from AskDrCallahan, making this course an ideal solution for parents and students alike looking to learn geometry while preparing for the ACT, SAT, and future math courses.
Other Items Required for the Course:
Geometry Teaching Videos: Approximately 4 hours of video instruction following the Jacobs textbook.
Master’s Books Teacher’s Guide
Geometry Teacher’s Guide by Jacobs: Contains 1) daily schedule with space to record grades, 2) chapter, mid-term, and final tests for student assessment, and 3) answer keys for all tests utilized in the course.
Geometry Solutions Manual: Provides answers to problems, explaining and illustrating the process of the equations, as well as identifying the answers for all exercises in the course, including mid-term and final reviews.
AskDrCallahan Teacher’s Guide Video Syllabus
Geometry Teacher’s Guide by AskDrCallahan: Contains a syllabus used by Dr. Callahan which has a week-by-week plan for which videos to watch and specific problems to work on. Includes Dr. Callahan’s test grading guide that makes it easier for the teacher to grade and helps the student learn from their mistakes. Do not purchase separately if you have the online video course. This guide is included inside your video access.
Geometry Drawing Kit: A geometry drawing kit is used for drawing diagrams as required in the textbook. Includes a compass, protractor, ruler, and triangles as needed for the construction problems. The drawing kit will be the one pictured or equivalent.
Scientific Calculator: We typically use a TI-30, but we sometimes substitute with an equivalent such as a Casio. This calculator is allowed on the ACT. It can be used throughout your student’s academic career and at college.
- Can I use the second edition textbook in this course?
- Should I take algebra II before geometry?
- Does it contain proofs? (Euclidean)
- How do I get support?
Sample Videos from the Course
There are no reviews yet.