The AskDrCallahan geometry video course is the perfect tool for homeschool or other self-driven students to cover high school geometry. The course provides a solution for parents and students looking for a solution to learning geometry and preparing them for algebra II and trigonometry, the ACT, SAT, and future math success. The student is guided through the Geometry: Seeing, Doing, Understanding textbook by Harold Jacobs with video lessons covering each topic and working examples as needed.
Course includes everything needed for mom and student alike. The course is taught in a light hearted style, focused on understanding the concepts of geometry and not a ton of math-speak.
Required to take the course
- Disk 1 - Contains the Geometry Teachers Guide. These are PDF files to be used on your computer. They can be printed as needed. Download a pdf copy of the Teacher's Guide below.
- Disk 2 - DVD covers the introduction
- Disk 3 - DVD covers chapter 1.1 to 2.6
- Disk 4 - DVD covers chapter 3.1 to 5.4
- Disk 5 - DVD covers chapter 6.1 to 10.6
- Disk 6 - DVD covers chapter 11.1 to 15.7
Geometry: Seeing, Doing, Understanding: Geometry: Seeing, Doing, Understanding, 3rd Edition, by Harold R. Jacobs, ISBN: 0716743612. Sample of Jacobs Geometry Chapter 2 Lesson1. See sample of Jacobs Geometry Chapter 7 Lesson 1.
Answer to the Exercises by Jacobs: This is the Homework Solutions Manual. Contains the Solutions to the Homework Problems. .
- Can I use the second edition textbook in this course?
- Should I take algebra II before geometry?
- Does it contain proofs? (Euclidean)
- How do I get support?
Sample Videos from the Course