A homeschool high school curriculum in Personal Economics. A High School level guide for money, work, and success using God’s principles and common sense to prepare the student for the World of Work.
Chapter 1: How Money Works. Covering economy, wages, inflation, gold standard, inflation, the central bank, U.S. Mint, capitalism, “Who in History”, Biblical application, and personal application.
Chapter 2: The Spending Plan. Covering income, tithes, savings, expenses, stewardship, percentages of income, “Who in History,” biblical application, general budgets, and personal budgets.
Delivering the Truth About Money and Work Through the Lens of the Bible
From this curriculum, you will learn how money really works. The course will challenge your understanding of money, wealth, and grow your biblical view of both.
Written as an engaging story, with the main character searching to learn how to become successful in money and business. His good friend sends him to what looks like a small company run by a man and a woman who engage him, challenge his assumptions about money, business, life, and truth while guiding him down a path of assignments that will help him develop the correct perspective on money and success.
Intended to be a 1 to 1.5 week course. However, the guide helps you decide your own pace.
You will receive 3 PDF downloads
- A 22- page “The Spending Plan” course including
- Timothy’s Financial Journey: Chapter 2 – The Spending Plan,
- Five activities or assignments, and
- One test (or final worksheet.)
- A 7-page Teacher’s Guide with
- “How to Do This Course” guide,
- Answers to activities and assignments, and
- Test/worksheet answers.
- A one-page recap or summary of Chapter 1 in Timothy’s Journey in the World of Work.
- AskDrCallahan homework support throughout the course.